What Can I Do If My Dispute Was Rejected? 2017-10-18T15:55:32+00:00

What Can I Do If My Dispute Was Rejected?

Better Credit…Better Options

When you file a dispute against inaccurate information on your credit report, the credit bureau will contact the creditor and get their side of the story. They will then make a decision on your dispute and apprise you of the results. If your dispute has been denied, there are a couple of actions you can take.

First, you can appeal the decision by contacting the credit reporting agency. It is imperative to gather every piece of supporting documentation you possibly can. Anything that pertains to the account and your handling of the account will be helpful. You can then re-submit your dispute to the credit bureau and hope for a better outcome.

If your appeal is denied, or you don’t wish to appeal, you may wish to contact an attorney. Your attorney can write letters on your behalf and include supporting documentation. Many times, this may be enough to get the offending entry changed. If this doesn’t work, you may always proceed to court to force action on the part of the credit bureau or the creditor that reported erroneous information.

It is important to remember that you should only dispute inaccurate information. You may face penalties for filing disputes on information that was reported accurately, and this can just lead to frustration when your dispute is denied.

If you need assistance correcting erroneous information on your credit report, or even if you just want to improve your credit, CRE Credit Services can help. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will sit down with you and go over your credit report and your financial goals. We can then provide you with free credit advice and education to help you get your credit report where you want it. Call us today so we can help!

Start today by calling toll free: 888-799-7267 (SCORE)

Have a Credit Repair Specialist Contact You.

Internal Pages